Monday, September 29, 2008

The kids!

Well, I had some fun with my students today and decided to tell them about the baby. One of my parents found out this morning (she had come in to make copies and apparently my "Motherhood Maternity" tag was hanging out on my shirt), so it was decided (not by me, of course) that I should tell the students.

Anyway, we played a fun game of hangman which ended up reading "Mrs. Bigelow is having a baby" - they were so excited! Most of them said they weren't surprised - apparently the rumor has been a hot topic of conversation in the cafeteria the past couple of weeks. :)

Now all I have to do is convince them that:
  • The baby will not be named after any of them, no matter how well they behave;
  • I am happy to listen to their name suggestions, but not in the middle of a lesson;
  • I will not name the baby Norbit.

Easy, right?

No comments: