Friday, September 26, 2008

En francais?

So I log onto the laptop last night, open up Internet Explorer, and set myself up to do a little baby browsing on google. Funny thing is, Google was in French.

So what's a girl with 9 years of French education to do? Shut down the computer of course, and hope that when I turn it back on all would miraculously be back in English.

Well, as you've probably figured, all was still en francais when I got back to my google homepage. So I went to the blog. Hmmm....do I want to creer un nouveau blog perhaps? Nah, this is totally inconvenient and stressing me out.

So I decide it's a virus and I need to search for a solution. And where do I search, you ask? Yep. Google. Now keep in mind that after a brilliant public school career in French, I also took a year of French literature in college - in French. You'd think I'd be able to handle a little translation about computer languages. And luckily, I could. I figured out how to change the language on Google, and here we are back en Anglais. Whew. Let's hope it's a while before I need to break out the beret and croissants again.

On another note, I read a comment (thank you Mandi - lovin' those comments!) about the post where I was complaining about the girl who said you shouldn't be in maternity clothes until 20 weeks. I just loved Mandi's comment about it - it was SO something I would say...

"People around the office have made comments about it being awful early to start wearing maternity clothes. I often find myself wanting to tell them that their appearance would really benefit from looser clothing..."

Now can't you just see me saying that?

No comments: