Sunday, August 31, 2008

Well, we finally did it. We went to Sam's Club early yesterday morning, sat on some really comfy furniture, and decided it would be the day to buy the new living room. It consisted of:
  • Sam's: Don't have what we want, but let's spend $300 anyways.
  • Room Store: Let's try every couch and recliner in the store, hem and haw a bit, take a few pictures, and decide to go to Lazy Boy.
  • Lazy Boy: Are you kidding me? $4,000 for the same couch that was $2,000 at Room Store, but not even as comfortable?
  • Call to Faith: "Yes, Boscov's has furniture but it's kind of picked over. But Jess got all of her living room and dining room furniture for $700 at this rental place in Glen Burnie."
  • Sears: No, we don't have furniture.
  • Call from Faith: "The place is actually in Baltimore."
  • Macy's: This is the most comfortable chair I've ever sat in. My exact words to Seth, "I don't think I'm going to get up." Proud new owners of a chocolate brown leather recliner!
  • Call to the store in Baltimore: "No, the only sectional we have is blue with a nice red, white and blue chair to match." No thanks.
  • Room Store (x2): This really is a great couch. "Do you like it?" "I like it. Do you like it?" "I like it. Do you think the dogs will destroy it?" "Nah." Proud new owners of a (relatively inexpensive) brown sectional sofa!

Kind of feel like we shouldn't have spent the money, but we really needed to. Our hand-me-down furniture has seen better days and better comfort. Now that it's being delivered this week, I can't wait!!!

No comments: