Friday, December 12, 2008

Today's Drama

Well, today I left work because I just wasn't feeling "right". I was seeing stars still a lot and Dr. Penn wanted me to come in, so I did. All is fine, with the exception of gaining 8 pounds in the last week, which is really not normal. They think it's mostly, if not all, fluid since I was really swollen earlier today, so I am to drink lots of fluids (ironic, huh?), limit the salt, and relax with my feet up as much as possible. Sounds good to me! I was just so glad that it wasn't a blood pressure issue...

So the next step is to make the appointment for the glucose test. I'm hoping to get in next Saturday so I don't have to take off school - we are going to need the money from my sick days if I am going to stay home with the little guy for more than a couple of weeks, so using my sick days makes me really nervous.

On another note, if anyone was thinking of getting anything for our nursery, the bedding is currently 25% off with free shipping on our registry at Babies R Us. Just thought I'd pass that on, since it's quite a nice discount :)

Thanks for all your well wishes and thoughts. We have our birth class at the hospital this weekend - all day Saturday and 1/2 a day Sunday. It will probably wipe me out, so I most likely won't be posting for a few days...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am sorry to hear that you are having such a rough time. I know you have heard this a million times but I will say it again - it is all worth it in the end when you hold that beautiful baby in your arms.