Friday, December 5, 2008

Long time, no post...

Gosh, it just seems like too many posts are starting this way lately. I am just SO tired all the time!

What's going on that's Good:
  • Almost done with the Christmas shopping!
  • The Christmas tree is bought and set up in the living room - so what if it's not decorated yet!
  • Apparently I'm now in the 3rd trimester - meaning that 2/3 of this science experiment is behind me, with only a third left to go.
  • Our registry at Babies R Us is pretty complete. I think there's only a few things missing off of it, but what they are has completely escaped my mind...
  • I have been so lucky to get boxes of sweet little boy clothes from Nikki and our neighbor Michelle. I've spent the past couple of evenings looking at the little outfits over and over again :)
  • I saw a show on Discovery this morning where they showed a baby born at 27 weeks. It was really odd, but really neat, to see a baby the same size/developmental age as our little guy "on the outside".
  • Speaking of the little guy, it feels like he's working overtime these days to perfect his gymnastics routines! Maybe we have a future Olympian kicking away in there...

What's going on that's not-so-good:

  • I had to do a glucose tolerance test this morning to check for gestational diabetes. That meant chugging a sickeningly sweet drink that wasn't too awful at the time, but has made me pretty sick for the rest of the day :( Keep your fingers crossed that the results were okay, so I don't have to do it again...
  • I have no energy to do the things that a teacher needs to do. It's honestly all I can do to make it through the school day, much less think about planning lessons or grading papers when I get home. It's starting to stress me out a bit.
  • Sleeping has moved beyond the "challenging" phase and into the "painful/virtually impossible" phase. Just peachy, if you ask me.

Really, not too much out of the ordinary right now. Of course, I absolutely love Christmas and am so looking forward to that. I have no idea what our plans will be, but travel is definitely limited this year. I'm going to Philly tomorrow morning for the weekend, so will see how that works out. I really do like being pregnant, but hate having to compromise on activities that would normally be, well, normal! But it is so, so, so, so worth it in the end. :)

No comments: