Monday, February 23, 2009

What's going on...

Well, thought I'd post an update, but don't have much to say!

The nursery is almost finished. Seth painted much of the weekend, and his mural is to die for. I am just in love with it - I will post pictures of it tomorrow, once we get the curtains hung back up and all things in the right place. The room really does look fantastic though - better than I had imagined! It is just a nice, peaceful little haven.

Otherwise, I have been on a cleaning/organizing freakout the past couple of days. I guess it's what 'they' call nesting, although I would much prefer a crunchy little nest to a three-story home right now. Yesterday morning around 7:00 I let the dogs out, and after coming back into the basement and looking around, decided I couldn't stand the clutter and started rearranging (don't worry - not furniture), and throwing away tons of stuff. It was very cathartic, and we have a bit less junk cluttering up the basement now! Then I moved on to sweeping the hardwood floors, laundry, cleaning the kitchen, organizing the bookshelves, and finally some grocery shopping.

Amazingly, I somehow managed to make it to the end of the Oscars - yay for Slumdog Millionaire! Yes, it was the only nominated movie I saw this year, but I did love it! And those kids were so cute at the show :)

I will keep you posted...

No comments: