Thursday, November 20, 2008

Identity Theft

So I found out tonight that I've become a victim of identity theft. Honestly, this is the LAST thing in the world I need right now.

When I got the mail, I noticed that I had 3 letters from Wachovia, which was odd since I've never been in a Wachovia and they looked like statements. Turns out someone opened a checking and a savings account in my name (my maiden name, no less), but somehow the bank realized it was fraudulent, and so shut them down the next day (last Friday). The really bad thing is that whomever this is has my soc. security #, date of birth, etc. The weird thing is they have my maiden name...

I've submitted a report to the credit companies, and all three have put a fraud alert on my credit report in case anyone tries to open any more accounts. It seems okay at this point, but I'll have to go and file a police report and submit that to the reporting companies, as well as keep a close eye on my credit. I'm just glad that I got this mail from Wachovia, or else I wouldn't know anything about it.

UGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

No comments: