Sunday, November 7, 2010

What Jack's up to lately :)

It's hard to believe Jack is 19 months old, soon to be 20. I'm 21 weeks pregnant, and it seems like the pregnancy is flying by as well. I'm looking forward to Jack spending time with his little sister and the two of them growing up together, but we're also treasuring and savoring every single moment we have as a family of three.

I know I've said it before, but Jack continues to simply amaze me. I'm not familiar with tons of 19-month-olds, but to me he seems so smart and his language really seems to be advanced for his age. Right now, he's standing at the door yelling, "Dada, come!" because Seth went outside. He puts simple sentences together appropriately - things like "Jack read book", "No, my chair" or "More grapes please". Mostly though he's speaking in two-word phrases - "Shoes broke" when his shoe falls off, "Eat dog food" when the dogs are eating. The thing that probably impresses me most is his use of adjectives. He tells you when something is big, heavy, etc. He can also name about 1/2 of his letters (and gets so excited about it) and can count objects up to 4. He knows yellow, blue, white, red, green and pink.

Yesterday he baked chocolate chip cookies with Aunt Jackie, and this morning he helped me make blueberry muffins. He loves to draw ("Jack draw?"), 'read' his books aloud, sit in his armchair and watch Diego, run over for a kiss when he has a boo-boo, give big hugs and kisses (mostly to mom ;), he's still very into his trains and is kind of obsessed with school buses. Whenever we're riding in the car, he shrieks when he sees a bus and says "Oooooh, big yellow bus!"

So life is definitely not dull these days. On that note, I've gotta run and get the little munchkin dressed...

No comments: